Similar to referral contests, sweepstakes are also great options for creating buzz around your online business, but they key element of a sweepstake is that the winner is chosen at random. However, a sweepstakes contestant can improve their chances by “earning” extra entries in different ways, including:
- Getting people talking about, or sharing, the sweepstake on social media.
- Getting other people to enter (referrals).
- How many people they send to your website, who carry out a particular action (known as conversions).
- Subscribing to your Facebook fan page, Twitter account or Google plus page.
Sweepstakes can also be used just to increase the loyalty of your customers.
Step-By-Step Guide to Sweepstakes
- Set up a sweepstake on InviteBox . Just define the rules of your sweepstake and install our widget on your website.
- Purchase one or more medium- or high-value prizes for your lucky winners.
- Our system will track all activities like social posts, subscriptions, visits or conversions and attribute them in the form of entries to your campaign participants.
- At the end of a specified time-frame, the most lucky and active customers are awarded prizes.
When Should I Use Referral Contests?
||Free to Low
||Medium to High
||Medium to High
||Easy to start and maintain
||Complete control of ROI
||Best way to reach "superconnectors"
||One-time promotional tool
Getting The Most Out Of Sweepstakes
- Make sure that your prize is attractive for your customers. It's not always the matter of price, it just needs to be cool.
- For paid membership sites or services, consider offering your winners free membership to your site.
- For the best results, provide a good default message and compelling pictures that your referrers can share on social media.
- Offer more entries for those actions that will bring you more customers (e.g. conversion or social posts).