Referral contests are our most
exciting option for creating buzz around your promotion. Intended for
high-value promotions, like hot new devices or gift cards, referral
contests are widely regarded by referral
marketing experts as the most effective way to reach
"superconnectors", or influencers who are able to refer
hundreds or thousands of their friends and contacts. By increasing
the value of your prize, you’ll make it more irresistible and drive
even more traffic to your website.
Step-By-Step Guide to Referral Contests
- Set up a Referral Contest on InviteBox. Just define the rules of your contest and install our widget on your website.
- Purchase one or more high-value prizes for top referrers.
- Track visits or conversions and attribute them to your referring customer.
- Link to your top referrers leaderboard on your social channels to encourage competition.
- At the end of a specified timeframe, the customers with the most referrals are ranked and awarded prizes.
When Should I Use Referral Contests?
||Free to Low
||Medium to High
||Medium to High
||Easy to start and maintain
||Complete control of ROI
||Best way to reach "superconnectors"
||One-time promotional tool
Getting The Most Out Of Referral Contests
- Some of the hottest prizes for referral contests include Apple iPad's or Microsoft Surface™, big-screen televisions, vacation packages, or gift cards valued greater than $50.
- For paid membership sites or services, consider offering your top three referrers free membership to your site.
- Mobile app developers often use referral contests to provide in-app rewards as a low-cost alternative to expensive prizes.
- For the best results, provide a good default message and compelling pictures that your referrers can share on social media.
- Some people make a living referring others. These “affiliate marketers” can provide a significant bump to your traffic if your prizes are valuable enough to catch their eye.
- Once you identify your top referrers, stay in contact with them! When it’s time for you to launch your next referral contest, it’s convenient to drop an email to your top referrers and let them know that they should get the ball rolling on the next round of promotion.